- Dates: January 29
- Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Supervisors represent an important force in the economy. You have the power to turn on or turn off the productivity of the people who report to you. You are the crucial interface between the employee on the shop floor or the service desk and the managers of the organization. Although you usually have more technical experience than the employees you supervise, you may not have had a lot of leadership experience. This one-day course will give you the skills in communication, coaching, and conflict that you need to be successful.
What Will Students Learn?
- Ways to prioritize, plan, and manage their time
- How to identify their primary leadership style
- How to develop some flexibility to use other leadership styles
- Ways to meet the needs of employees and co-workers through communication and coaching
- Ways to make conflict a powerful force for creative, well-rounded solutions to problems
What Topics will be Covered?
- Pre-assignment review
- What’s your type? How about mine?
- Understanding leadership
- Managing your time and your energy-
- The commitment curve
- Employee development models
- Dealing with conflict and difficult issues
- What successful leaders do
Please note, this course includes catered lunch. Please notify us if you have any food allergies and we will accomodate. Thank you.
If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-265-5005.
8:30am - 3:30pm December 20, 2017
8:30am - 4:00pm December 13, 2017
8:00am - 4:00pm December 14, 2017