Delegate with Confidence and Managing Employee Accountability
- Dates: September 12
- Time: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Effective delegation is one of the most valuable skills you can master. It reduces your workload and develops employee skills. Delegating prepares employees who work for you to be able to handle your responsibilities and simultaneously allows you to advance to other career opportunities within your organization.
Delegation is often one of the hardest skills for a manager to master. However, the skill can be learned. This one-day workshop will explore many of the facets of delegation, including when to delegate and to whom to delegate. We will also go through the delegation process step by step and learn about techniques to overcome problems.
Organizations who promote accountability are more successful and more productive. In this one-day workshop, you will learn about what accountability is, how to promote it in your organization, and how to become more accountable to yourself and others.
What will Students Learn?
- How delegation fits into their job and how it can make them more successful
- Different ways of delegating tasks
- How to use an eight-step process for effective delegation
- How to give better instructions for better delegation results
- Common delegation pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Ways to monitor delegation results
- Techniques for giving effective feedback
- Understand what accountability is and what events in history have shaped our view of it
- Identify the requirements for personal and corporate accountability
- Apply the cycle of accountability and the fundamental elements required to build an accountable organization
- Describe what individuals must do to become accountable
- Build skills required for accountability, including goal setting, giving and receiving feedback , and delegation
- Pinpoint ways to build ownership in your organization
- Isolate areas for further self-improvement
Please note, this course includes catered lunch. Please notify us if you have any food allergies and we will accommodate. Thank you.
If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-265-5005.
8:00am - 4:00pm August 10, 2017
8:00am - 4:00pm August 16, 2017
8:30am - 4:30pm August 16, 2017