Hull Systems Technologist - Babcock Canada Inc.
Location: Victoria, BC
Date Posted: 12 Aug 2016
Expiration Date: 7 Sep 2016
Job Type: Full-Time
Babcock Canada provides critical and complex support to strategically important assets, infrastructure and training programs primarily in the defence and security environments. We are currently engaged in the provision of In-Service Support (ISS) solutions for surface and subsurface marine fleets, including the delivery of comprehensive ISS to Canada’s Victoria Class submarine fleet.
We are a Canadian ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001 registered company employing approximately 380 personnel at locations in Halifax, Ottawa, and Victoria. We are trusted to deliver a wide range of services including Program Management, Materiel and Logistic Support, Systems Engineering, Configuration Management and Records Support, Maintenance and Refits, and Information and Knowledge Management.
At Babcock, you’ll experience what it is like to work on and support epic projects:
From managing the deep overhaul of a submarine’s more than 200 complex systems to refitting and upgrading massive, 11,000 tonne arctic icebreakers, to supporting naval and commercial surface vessels. These are just some of the complex projects that Babcock thrives on.
Our parent company, Babcock International Group PLC, is a leading global Engineering Support Services organization that employs over 34,000 skilled personnel across six continents.
- Oversee the Hull and Structures portion of Extended Docking Work Period (EDWP) package via sub-contractor
- Interpret Department of National Defence (DND) requirements
- Manage technical queries, survey and inspection reports between sub-contractors and DND
- Oversee sub-contractors work, attend inspections and surveys, advising and liaising as required
- Identify and advise material requirements
- Monitor work package items progress, process arisings and approved changes
- Ensure all work is undertaken or deviations raised and provide feedback to line manager
- Ensure compliance with Quality Assurance (QA) requirements
- Coordinate and compile structural, paint and other surveys as required
- Assist with other tasks as necessary
Job qualifications and requirements include:
- Lloyd's Register Hull Survey and Damage Repair certification is considered an asset
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) Coating Inspector Program Level 1 certification considered an asset
- Must be a registered Technologist (AScT) with Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC (AScTTBC) or able to attain within one year of employment
- Experience in Practical Hull Systems, structures, welding and coating systems maintenance
- Experience in surveying, overseeing and inspection in a marine environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Eligible for a Canadian Secret Security Clearance and Controlled Goods
Apply Now: https://www.babcockinternational.com/Careers/Vacancies/details.aspx?nPostingID=21001&nPostingTargetID=65656&option=52&sort=DESC&respnr=1&ID=QQMFK026203F3VBQB8MV479AL&CAT1=338&Resultsperpage=undefined&lg=UK&mask=stdext
8:30am - 3:30pm December 20, 2017
8:30am - 4:00pm December 13, 2017
8:00am - 4:00pm December 14, 2017